Copyright © lakeview creativity
Design by Dzignine

08 August, 2011

How Important Is Getting There? (8/10+1)

[One]  [Two]  [Three]  [Four]  [Five]  [Six]  [Seven]  [Eight]  [Nine]  [Ten]  [Epilogue]



Chapter 8


“Rose? Hello? you there? Listen cause I can't talk for too long. Tara just got a call. One of the dancers fell through and they want her. Like, right now. We're packing as we speak. There's a car service waiting for us to leave in an hour.”

“But—“

“Shush. Just listen to me. I'm so, SO sorry I can't be there for you tonight, and for P. I know this whole bookstore thing is your dream. Tara does too. She's been going back and forth about it, but I told her she should go because this is hers.” Chiquita takes a pause to make sure Rose is following her. “Do you... understand what I'm saying?



“Completely. This is huge,” Rose says. “But... you're going with her because..?”

“Because we both know Tay and Penny are gonna be stupid about this. You know how they are. And plus, you both have each other for support tonight. If I don't go with Tay,
she's going to be alone. We don't do that, right? We don't let any of us be alone.”

“Right.”

“And who knows how long this production is going to last. We're packing our whole closet right now, it's not even funny. So you and I, Ro, we're gonna be OK. We're gonna be OK and we're gonna be the ones patching things up.”

Rose hears Tara calling for Chiquita on the other end of the line. She's yelling something about a scarf. “The soon to be famous dancing queen awaits, I hear,” Rose chuckles. Chiquita groans. “Love you, Cee. Tell Tay I'm so happy for her. She better break a leg! I mean, not literally, just... just good luck!”

Chiquita laughs at her best friend. “Thanks, Shakespeare. You too. Tell P I love her and I'm sorry.”

“I will,” Rose nods to her phone. “Two by two, Cee.”

“Uh-huh,” Chiquita smiles, relieved that out of the four, Rose and her are the ones stupid enough to know when a crazy plan is worth the effort. “Equals four, Ro.”







(end of Chapter 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment